The what, where, when and why.
Starts: July 15th 6 am at Portland Meadows 1001 N Schmeer Rd, Portland, OR 97217
- free to all
- staggered starts from 6 am to 10 am
- waiver and waypoints handed out at start
- staggered release of recovery and support vehicles
- multiple route choices will reduce congestion
- have maps and maps downloaded to navigation devices
Midpoint overnight camp: July 15-16th at Hoodoo 27400 Big Lake Road, Sisters, OR 97759
- Burning Man meets Thunderdome
- open to invite friends and spouses to meet up
- need camping gear, pads, food and drinks
- multiple breweries bringing free beer
- food cart
- bathroom facilities
- forty bucks a head to cover above, overhead and insurance $$$
10 Barrel Final Waypoint party: July 16th 2-8 pm Portland Meadows 1001 N Schmeer Rd, Portland, OR 97217
- Open to all ages and public
- Car show/auction/party
- Multiple local live bands
- Food and beer
- Free for Gambler cars, pull into infield side
- Kids free adults $10 walk in.
Make sure to download this area into your GPS or tablet navigation app for offline use.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor NAPA AUTO PARTS
and our supporting partners:
• All vehicles/participants are to be safe, roadworthy, licensed, registered and insured.
• All laws and governances are to be obeyed. No minors at camp (21+ only)
• Respect each other, the public and the environment (tread lightly, haul more out than in).
• Vehicles can cheap, cool or impractical (there is no $500 limit).
• Dependable, built recovery volunteer vehicles are welcome to support and help.
• You are completely self-sufficient (that means food, drink, tools, recovery, navigation)
• You and only you are responsible for vehicle recovery and your actions.
• NOT A RACE, NOT SANCTIONED, NOT CLOSED COURSE it’s a “Navigation challenge”.
• Waypoints are given in LAT/LONG, use tablet downloaded map apps and paper maps.
• Waypoints are given at start.
• Teams are started by staggered time intervals.
• No limit to team members; multiple vehicles on team encouraged.
• Routes are on public lands, honor the communities and agencies that steward them.
• Roads are typically challenging for 2WD, the less capable the cooler you look.
• Bonus points for themes and costumes
The Oregon OG500 is July 15&16 starting and ending in Portland. No registration, no fee , all are welcome, just show up and run what you brung.
Recomended navigation apps (not limited to): remember to download maps beforehand and use GPS enabled devices
- http://gps.motionx.com/ (ios)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps&hl=en (Android/ios)
Independent regional rallies: https://www.facebook.com/thegambler500/posts/1084818204907332:0
Gambler Forums: http://forums.gambler500.com